The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Rome 3!

Hello everyone!
   I am constantly amazed just how fast time flies. This week has been really good.  
Don't worry, I am writing in my journal, and I am trying to be specific. I miss days sometimes but I am doing pretty well. This week has been pretty busy. First off, we had a baptism! It was a wonderful service. There was a good turn out, the baptism went flawless, and I got to conduct!...And Sing! haha The musical number went great. We ended up doing it so it was just vocal and violin. It was fun. 
   So here is a cool experience I had this past week. Me and Anziano Bennett were going out to visit less actives one morning and as we were waiting for the bus to come. Anziano Bennett felt we should get on a different bus and go finding. He asked my opinion, and I agreed. So we got on a different bus and got off at a stop. We started talking to every person we came across. The whole time trying to figure out what we were doing there. We got to a spot where there was a split in the road, and no one was out. We decided to say a prayer to ask God to help us know why we were there and how to help his children in that area. We concluded our prayer and started walking. we came across a park with a man walking his dog, so we went and talked to him. He was nice but he was not interested. After talking with him, we saw another man back on the street. We started talking with him. We learned he did not believe in God or Christ. He had been abandoned by his parents when he was a baby and he had always wondered why God, would allow that to happen. He asked us to sit down in the park near by and we accepted. We talked with him for over an hour about our message, the restoration, the Book of Mormon, prayer and the Holy Ghost. At the end he still wasn't sure about all of it, but he allowed us to say a prayer at the end and we were good friends by the end of it all. As he was walking away, I received a strong impression that he was who we were there to see. Even though he did not believe in God. 
   I know that God loves each and every one of his children no matter their circumstances. Listening to the spirit, and being willing to follow it is so important. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be here. And thank you for all of your e-mails and letters. Every time I read them it makes me want to do better. And to work even harder so they can have an eternal family like I can. You know, the plan of salvation is one of the hardest principles to explain, and yet it is why we are here, and where we are going. It is the plan that tells us how we can be truly happy. I am getting better at it, but I just find it interesting how such a simple and important principle is so difficult to describe. 
   Allura (well), the work is going well. We are searching for some nuovi simpatizzanti (new investigators), and we are happy and safe. I love you all! And I will talk to you next week!

   Love Always, Anziano Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment