The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ancient Roma

Hey sorry I didn't put anything in there about the ruins! I totally forgot! Haha I'm still new to this whole one e-mail a week thing. I forget a lot of things. The ruins are amazing. It is really hard to explain just how big and spectacular they are. I have a lot of pictures I will send when I remember to bring my cable!
   One of the coolest things is Because Rome was just added on to, all the ruins are still standing. So as you are walking, there are random buildings just kind of sitting there crumbling which have been there since Jesus walked the earth. The aquaducts are everywhere! There are parks here and all the aquaducts just run through the parks. People walk on them and play on them. They are just part of the city. Also, the wall that surrounded Rome Is still standing. And it is just called "the wall." We constantly pass through it. It is seriously crazy how much history there is here, just sitting there! I have seen the Spanish steps, part of the Roman Forum, multiple basilicas, the fountain with the statue of Neptune (I can't remember what it is called) and a couple more things. Just today! Some of the statues are just more than life. It is crazy. Also there is a huge building with a statue of Caesar on a horse in front of it and a couple other statues? We passed by today. Wow. It is mind blowing to think they built all of it!
   Alright, well I better go. I love you! 
Okay till next week. Arrivaderci!
    Love always, your brother Skyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment