The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, July 28, 2014

Baptism

Hey there everyone!

 Well, well, well.  This week has been a good one!  We have been really busy!  And... Franco got baptized!  Woo-hoo!  It's been a long time coming but he did it!  It was really, really cool.  He was a little nervous  but we talked with him and gave him a pep talk. :)  Haha,  he was nervous about giving his testimony so we practiced with him before he did it.  It was so awesome!  He was so sincere and you could tell that what he was saying was coming from his heart.

   We also helped Victor and Tessy set up for Victor's sister's wedding.  They are from Nigeria.  Way cool members.  While we did that, Victor's nephew was there helping.  He is a less-active 19-year-old, way cool.  We made friends with him and got him to come to church!  I think he wasn't coming because he couldn't understand everything. So I translated for him. After every talk he was really happy and he would just say "Wow, that was good."  After church we were talking with him and he said he wants to invite his friends, but he's scared.  So this week we're gonna go over and practice with him. His name is Wisdom.  Such a cool kid.

   Our ward just left last night for the temple in Switzerland for the week.  It will be fun to hear their testimonies next week!  Haha, we'll see what happens.

   Oh!  Also, this week we are going to Rome to do a zone blitz.  So basically everyone in the zone goes to one place to help jump start the work and to get the morale up. So that should be fun. Unfortunately, it's right before the end of the month and I kind of had to pull out some personal funds. I'm sorry!  It will get reimbursed though.

   Man, I don't know what else to say.  The work is going on and I am happy.  Tired, but happy :)  You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for everything!  I don't know what I would do without my family.  It really is a huge blessing.  I love you and I'll talk to you next week!

   Love always, Anziano Rigby 

No comments:

Post a Comment