The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Big 20

 


 Hey fam!  Wow, time flies!

   Well, I am having a great time here in Pescara with Anziano Mika!  He is awesome and I love him! We are doing some good work.  It is super hot and we are super tired, but life is good and the work is growing!  

   Franco, our investigator, is pulling through. We had his interview yesterday and he passed! We are working really closely with him and we have seen miracles this past week. On Wednesday we had a lesson with him and we decided to offer him a blessing to help with his smoking. We talked to him about it, explained it, and asked him if he wanted one...he said yes. We then asked him if he had the faith and he said yes.  So we gave him a blessing.  The spirit was strong and I know for certain that we were lead in what to say.  We kept in contact the rest of the week until Sunday.  From the day of the blessing he has not smoked a single cigarette.  On Sunday he came to church, and he was different!  He was talking more, he even answered a question in priesthood!  It is like a veil has been lifted from his eyes, and he understands more too.  It is a miracle. 



   We are still working hard and looking for more people to teach.  It is really hot and humid which just about kills us, but it's cool.  Haha, we are also doing a 12 week program called "the yoke project." Basically, we're gonna be huge by the end of two transfers.  :)  Haha, I think I need it!  :P

   We are meeting with a lot of the people in our ward right now, trying to get them to use Preach My Gospel and to study it.  It makes a huge difference in how they do missionary work!  I think it just helps them understand the principles of the gospel that much more so when something comes up about life, they can't help but see a point in the gospel that helps. We'll see how it works out. 


  Well, I have to go, but I love you guys!  Thank you for all the birthday 
wishes!  I really appreciate it! Haha, have a good week and I'll talk to you next Monday!  Ciao!  :)

   Love Always, Anziano Rigby  












No comments:

Post a Comment