The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, January 13, 2014

Palermo!!!

Hi!!!
    Ahhh! It is so weird to be out of Rome! I had been there so long it was starting to feel like I was gonna live there forever. I was hard to leave, But now I am in Palermo and it. is. Awesome. I have yet to really see much of it still, but what I have seen, and from the people that I have met, I really like it, and It feels like I've known some of the people for a long time already. Its really cool. 
It sounds like you guys are staying busy and you are all well. I am glad. Just try to ignore the Obama talk, you know the truth. ;) haha. Yes I received the packages! Thank you sooooo much!!! haha they are awesome! 
On another note, because they had me fly down, there were some restrictions on what I could bring weight wise sooo. I brought on suit case full of clothes and necessities, and my backpack. the rest I had to leave at the office. Including my guitar :( but they are gonna try and get it down to me this week. (sending it with the ZL...maybe. haha vediamo. But I have the Bose and the helicopter and the workout stuff so no worries. :) Hahaha we are in a 4 person house again and the others are Anz Garner, and Anz Di Caro. He is from up north by Milan. He. is. Hilarious. And he loves the Helicopter. haha I'm thinking of just giving it to him because it makes him so happy. And he might E-mail you mom so just so you know. haha He is really cool.
   Alright. It is a strange feeling to leave one area and go to another. At first I was really sad, and I didn't know how I was going to feel, but It was a small reminder of the importance of following direction given by our Heavenly Father. When I left and came down here, I was nervous, but the next day, and every day since, I have felt the presence of the Holy Ghost very strongly, and I have met so many of the members and some of our investigators, and I have had nothing but love for them already. Even though I don't know them. It just goes to show the Lord always has in mind our happiness and well being just like a father. When we follow him we can be assured that we will be blessed. 
   One of my goals for this transfer and while I am here in Palermo, I want to become a better missionary in the sense that I want to become more Christ-like. I want to have more love for others, I want to become a better teacher, I want to follow, and feel the spirit more, And I want to help others come to Christ. I don't know why I feel different, but I have more of a desire to serve. And it is wonderful.
   I also just finished reading the Book of Mormon again, and it was great. I can't wait to start again.
   We did a lesson with Francessca this last week. And she is wonderful. She has some things to do before she is ready for baptism, but with patience, love and persistence, we are going to get there. 
   Other then that I have met a couple of the Less active members and Members and I am really excited to try and help them come back to church. I love less-active work, and It is such a great feeling to see a family or a person that was once lost, come back to the church and to be welcomed by the ward and to be worthy and ready to once again take the sacrament. It is a miracle. It truly is.
   Alright well I am now going to send pics! So I will talk to you later! Have a great week I love you!!! :)
   Love always, Anziano Rigby 

No comments:

Post a Comment