The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving

Hey guys!

  Man, this week has been a good one.  Nothing too crazy has happened…haha.

  We were able to get a baptismal date with Francesco for the 13th of December, and we were also able to do a good amount of finding. We are really trying to find some more investigators.  It is not the easiest thing to do, but it is worth the effort.  

   I have learned some important lessons this week.  This week, as we were coming back from teaching a lesson, We met this lady at the bus stop who was interested in coming to the church. So she came with us to the church that night. We were teaching her and she broke down crying.  Come to find out, she had just run away from her family for various reasons. She was probably 55-60 years old. She didn't know where to go, or what to do.  Although I hardly knew this woman, I could not help but feel a love for her and a desire to comfort her.  Actually, let me say I wanted to help her be happy. We prayed together and searched for an answer.  In the end, me and Anziano Jones felt she needed to go back to her family.  At least to her children.  She did not like the answer, but that is what we told her and that is what God was telling us.  In the end she did return to stay with a friend for the night and to figure things out a little better. But through the whole experience I was thinking about how God loves each of us, and he has given us families to help us.  Especially during this time of year where we have Thanksgiving, it really reminds me how blessed we really are.  And it makes me sad to see those people who don't find the family to be a place of refuge.  That is because Satan is trying to twist it and make the family become a thing of the past. 

   The family is of God.  This morning I was studying about Adam and the Plan of Salvation.  The Plan of Salvation is so important to understand.  I still don't understand it completely, but it is through the Plan of Salvation that God intends to bless his children, and that is what we are here to help people understand.

   Other than that, nothing really happened this week.  We did have a Thanksgiving dinner for the Branch, which was awesome!  I am going to send pictures right now.  But yeah,  I love you guys!   care and I'll talk to you soon!

   Love, Anziano Rigby   

No comments:

Post a Comment