The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, December 1, 2014

Dicembre!

Haha, and a picture of me. ...wait a sec,  I have glasses on.  Haha, sooo... I went to the optics place this week and got some glasses.  Mostly because I like to wear them once in a while, but while I was there they asked if I wanted my eyes checked for free. "Sure why not?"  It turns out I have astigmatism in one of my eyes…?  It's not bad though, just a little.  So yeah, now I have glasses.  Cool story, I know. :P

Alright there peeps,

   Well, this week has been alright.  Haha, we are doing a lot more finding these days.  A lot of our prior investigators either cannot meet with us or they don't respond.  It is not very easy to grow the investigator pool here and sometimes it can be frustrating coming home after a long day of finding and not having much to show for it.  And it is hard when people don't want to talk to you.  One thing I have learned on my mission is that rejection is inevitable, but failure is an option. We can't control what other people do, but we can control how we react.  If we stay positive we can achieve anything, but once we let ourselves become distressed or down it is really hard to do anything.  But God always loves us.  He is constantly with us and is proud of what we are doing.  And then there is Jesus Christ that knows exactly how we feel.  He too had people reject him.  He was spit on and even kicked out of his own home town.  His very friends and neighbors asked him to leave.  That would be pretty hard.  I know that he is watching us and he is anxiously engaged in helping us.

   We met with Francesco this week and it went well for the most part. He has a baptismal date for the 13th but it might need to be moved... he has some things to do before he can be baptized.  Also him and his family just moved and they are now pretty close to Castelamare.  He is definitely out of our area so we will need to pass him to the missionaries over in that area.


Alright! Well, this was us at the Thanksgiving dinner activity! Haha, one of us before the meal…and one of us after!  Haha, jk.  But, that's what it's supposed to look like.  ;)


Alright, this is a selfie of me with the poor turkey.  Haha, somehow I was chosen to cut the roast beast, so...woo-hoo!  Haha, trial through fire!
   

And then all my african friends!  They are all members of the branch here. :)


   Haha, yesterday when we got to church the President of the branch kindly approached me and asked me to give a talk in Sacrament meeting... Yayyyyy... so I spent the first hour of church prepping for that.  I decided to do it on Christ's role in our salvation, and what we need to do for our own salvation.  I kind of based it off of Helaman 14:15-19.  I think that was the reference... He talks about how Christ took upon himself the fall of Adam free of charge.  He has done that, and given us each a perfect body after the resurrection.  We don't have to work for that.  But our personal salvation very much depends on our choices here.  I think it went okay... It was pretty nerve-racking!


Other than that, not much happened.  We celebrated Thanksgiving last week really. This week we had a little party with English course to celebrate, but nothing else. Kennedy, a member from Ghana, invited us over to have some cake with him for his birthday.  It was awesome!  He is so nice and really a cool and funny guy.  I have really been blessed with where I have been able to serve.  I am excited for Christmas here.

Here we go, puttin' ornaments on the tree....
 

   I received the advent calender and the ornaments. Thank you so much! Haha, they are awesome! Anziano Jones got his too.  He says thank you :)

   Well, that's about it.  We are going to go crazy on finding this week.  It will be fun!  Haha, take care you guys.  I love you!

   -Anziano Rigby


Mission accomplished!

Alright, the tree is finished!  It looks nice if I do say so myself...? :)







No comments:

Post a Comment