The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall Is In The Air



Hello fam! Well this week has been pretty good. The weather is changing, and it is nice! I really like this time of year. There are so many changes. I was reading a talk in the Liahona for this month about seasons in our lives. It was by Uchtdorf, and it talked about how we need the different seasons in our lives. A lot of times we wish that we could always have a nice "spring day" where we don't have troubles in our lives, and we can be care free. But we need the "Cold winter days" to enjoy the "hot summers", and visa versa. It really made me think about how I react to bad days, and how I need to understand that we all need to have those bad times to enjoy the good days.
   It sounds like you guys are having fun there! You are going to have an awesome trip. I can't wait to see some pictures! That is absolutely my favorite place to go. It is so peaceful, and calm. you can really think out your problems, and come back with renewed energy.
   The work has been going well. we had 7 other lessons this past week which is pretty good. but none of our investigators came to church...which by the way was amazing!
   On Sunday, we woke up at :.30 to go to a meeting with Elder Ballard that was just for the missionaries. He talked to us about the work in Italy, and what he thinks we can do to help the work in our mission. He focused a lot on dispensations. because when someone understands dispensations, they understand the need for a restoration. He also said we should focus our efforts on those who are 12-40 years old, and families. he also talked about how God and Jesus Christ were the first missionary companionship of the latter-days, and how we are literally representatives of Christ.
   And then in the stake conference, he talked about the importance for members and missionaries working together. He also talked about the blessing of temples and he said something I really liked. He said "Every time you drive by the temple you should think about where you came from, why you are here, and where you are going. It is because of the temple that you can have the comfort of knowing no matter what happens in this life, you can be together for all time and eternity." It truly is a wonderful blessing, and we should want to share it with everyone who will listen because they can have that comfort as well. 
   Well, It is getting time for me to be done. I recieved the hard drive case. Haha I'm sure the hard drive will get here soon. Thank you so much for sending me one! 
   Don't ever worry about me getting mad hailey, I am never mad. Thank you for even writing me!
   Mom, Preach My Gospel is an amazing book. And chapter 6 is one of my favorites to study. You will learn a lot if you study it well.
   Port keep up being awesome. but don't die on the hike this time! haha
   Dad, You shouldn't have to get it destrung. That is one of the many beauties of compounds. :)
   Alright, I'm out of here. I love you, and am praying for your safety.
   Love always, Anziano Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment