The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, December 30, 2013

Hello everyone!
   I sure hope you had a good Christmas! Mine was a flash of light and a blink of an eye and then it was gone. It was really weird. It didn't give me much warning and then it was here. And then it was gone. Haha, now I can look forward to the next one. It was great to see all of you! Everybody is looking great and I am so, so, so happy that you are all safe...MOM.  Don't scare me like that, Non si fa questa cosa!  But I am very happy you are all well, for the most part anyway. It helps me know my prayers are being answered.  I pray for you all every day and night. And I have heard of the miracles that are happening in your favour. 
    This week for work was slow, but successful...I think. We were able to meet with our investigators and teach them, and we were also able to see Dexter, a less-active member. We watched Finding Faith in Christ. He really enjoyed it and we were able to bear testimony of the power and authority of Christ. We also watched it with one of our investigators, David, because he had been refered to us from Germany and apperently that is how they talked with him and why he was interested.  So we watched it and he enjoyed it a lot! Afterwards we talked about faith and why it is so important. He is from Nigeria, and the people I have met from there have all had a really strong testimony of faith.  So it was cool.  Haha, if you want to grow your testimony in faith, just go hang with the Nigerians for a week and you'll have it!
   We met with Miguel and his mom, and taught them about the birth of Jesus Christ and how much God loves us. And it was really good. His mom is less-active and she hasen't been able to come to church for a long time. We are trying to meet with her more often because she really likes the lessons and wants to participate.
   Other than that, we did a lot of finding and no one wanted to listen. You just have to keep your head up and try again!
   Thank you guys for all you do! Yes, I received your e-mail ashley.  Haha, we will for sure have to sing when I get back. Per Forza! Alright, well you guys are awesome and I love you to the moon and back.
   Stay safe and remember the importance of the gospel.  It can help you get through some tough stuff.
   Con Grande Amore, Anziano Rigby 

No comments:

Post a Comment