The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Work Moves On

Hello everybody!
    Thank you for the letters. They are so fun to read! I love to hear what you guys are doing. That is really interesting about the ship. I wonder who gets the coins... Its great to hear that the bow fits! Did it help with accuracy? It is so true, this gospel has power to heal. physically and spiritually. If people would only give it a chance they could see. From what I have heard, there are miracles happening in Italy right now.
   Oh! I don't know if you knew this, but in order for them to create the Rome Temple they had to have something for all Italians to benefit from. So in the basement of the visitors center they are building a huge family history center. Besides the one here in Salt Lake, It's supposed to be one of the biggest in the world! How cool is that!? I have come to realize Family history is SO important to this work. It makes me giddy just thinking about the affects this will have on the people of Italia.
 So I have some exciting news, we fly next Tuesday and we are able to make calls while in the airports sooo, I'm thinking I will call you guys during our layover in Dallas. Which is around 4:00 in the afternoon their time. Is that alright? Also, I will be having my hep A shot coming up soon. Which will set me back a bit on money, Can you just make sure there's enough in the account for that and baggage fees at the airport? They will reimburse for the baggage fees I just need to pay for it first. 
   This week has been pretty crazy, I am so nervous to go but I am really excited to go at the same time! I already know I won't be able to understand anything when I get over there so that will be fun. But I know I will get the hang of it. And as long as I am trying my best the Lord will help me. And as long as I keep a good attitude and just try to help people and really love the people, they will love me back.
   I think I have everything I need... and if I don't, I guess I'll just have to buy it in Italy! Haha But I'm pretty sure I have everything.  
 I like your dea of getting back on a little later to answer questions and what not. It's good to hear that everything is still going well. I have to admit, that little car will be missed. I had some kick to it. But once you get that mustang running well, it will be really sweet! Make sure to teach Porter how to do some of that stuff. He has the mind and smarts for it.
   Thank you for the package, it was and continues to be a wonderful source of yummy snacks! Haha, I think we will definitely be leaving some for the next group! I am so blessed to have such a loving family, every time I get frustrated or tired I think of all of you and my energy is restored. I have gained a profound respect for those missionaries that go out with their family not talking to them or disowning them. Often times I wish I could be that strong. And I am so glad for you support. So thank you. Thank you for the music. Haha I will pay you back for all of it when I get back.
   I am slowly getting better at teaching, very slowly, but it is progress none the less. It is hard to not plateau here. You constantly have to be pushing yourself.
   It's way cool that you said that dad, about the bookstore. Haha I'm actually writing this right across the hall from the old bookstore right now. During Language study I go in there and practice my verbs on the old glass counters with a dry erase marker. Crazy...
Alright, well I better get off If I'm gonna get back on.
   I love you all very much, I will talk to you later!
            Love Always, Anziano Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment