The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference!



Hey everybody!

   Alright I don't have a lot of time!  I'm sorry!  Haha, this week was awesome!  The Lord is here and this is His work!

   This last week we were doing some finding and we stopped this lady on the street who looked a little sad.  At first you could see that she was down about something and she had had a bad day.  I asked her what made her happy in life and she responded that she didn't know.  As I opened my mouth I started talking about God and His love for us.  I told her that God loves each of us personally and He wants us to be happy.  We asked if we could meet again to explain how we can find this happiness and she was very open to it.  It was really cool for me to see the change of her countenance from when we first started to talk, to when we left.  She was smiling and the Spirit was there.  Testimonies are key.  It reminded me of how we are asked to bear simple testimony about simple truths.  It is so much easier for the Spirit to be present when we do so! 


District from the MTC, together again at a mission-wide conference in Catania
 a couple weeks ago (missing a few).  Photo borrowed from Elder Kelley's blog.

   
Conference was excellent!  I really felt the Spirit of their messages.  I was also reminded of the things I need to work on.  It is a never ending battle between natural man and the Spirit.  No matter how good you are, no matter what you did yesterday, you need to keep looking forward and keep doing the right things.  I am studying my notes and am praying for what principle I need to work on bettering right now.

   Haha, for conference I got a little excited. I made a pie, cinnimon swirl cake, and those peanut butter white chocolate Ritz things.  But it turned out good because some investigators and less-actives came, and so we had some treats. :)  The work is going well.  It is slow right now because we are having a hard time finding solid people to teach, but I have faith as we work hard and do our best we will find those who the Lord has prepared.  Maybe He is just teaching us a lesson right now... haha :)

   I love you guys! And keep up the good work! Always strive to share a principle of the gospel.  It is very simple.  We call it a QGC (quality gospel conversation) - introduce a principle, bear simple testimony, and invite them to act (come to church, visit lds.org, pray).  It can go on.  But it's that simple! Just listen to the spirit!  And you will be led say that which will touch them.  Don't be afraid of messing up because if it is out of love, you will never look silly.  :)   I love you!

  Love Always, Anziano Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment