The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, March 24, 2014








   Hey everyone!  Haha, alright, well this is gonna be pretty short cause I don't have much time, but Palermo is awesome!  I love this place!  This week we had a conference with Elder Kearon of the Seventy.  He is so cool!  And you can see and feel that he is an inspired man.  He talked about what we can do to be better finders and better teachers.  It was inspiring and humbling because there are so many things that I need to improve on! 






   As far as work, none of our investigators could meet with us this week which was a little frustrating, but it gave us a chance to find some more people to teach! We really need to enlarge our teaching pool because right now it's pretty small.

   Right now I am really working on becoming better at teaching. Yeah, I can teach, but I know that I'm not near the best that I could be.  And it is so important to be able to teach well.  So even though it hurts sometimes to hear what you can do better, it is really a good way to know how to improve (as long as you can be humble), haha!






   Today we went to Mondello and we played volleyball!  It was great!  We went with Salvo, John, and the other Anziani.  As we were playing, there was a group of guys walking on the sand.  Some of them came over and asked if they could play with us, so of course we said yes!  It was awesome!  Haha, at first they didn't know we spoke Italian so it was kind of funny, but then they figured it out and they thought it was awesome that we learned Italian so fast.  After that, we became good freinds.  

   We were also able to help some guys pull their boat up on the sand!  Haha, it was cool to feel the spirit of service!  And at the end we were able to have a good quality Gospel conversation with them all (6-8 Ragazzi {editing note - young men/youth} ). Who says you can't do missionary work on P-day!?




     Alright, well, I gotta go but I love you all!  Have a great day and I will talk to you next week!

     Love Always, Anziano Rigby  



No comments:

Post a Comment