The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Friday, June 14, 2013

Week 1

June 12, 2013

Dear Family,

The MTC is crazy! I'm seriously overwhelmed. I walked into my classroom today and the teacher was speaking pure Italian. I said to myself, "What have I gotten myself into...?" But I made it through and it was kind of fun! My P-days are on Wednesday so I thought I'd write you before then. Don't worry. I'm struggling, that is true. But it's only the first day. They say if you can make it til Sunday you'll be okay. :) Guess who my comp is? Dad called it! It's Elder Jones! Haha, he's a cool guy. I've got to go to bed. I'll write more tomorrow.


June 13, 2013

Today was good! I don't really know what to say, we studied more Italiano today and learned how to pregare (pray). We also studied the gospel discussions in Italian because we get to teach it tomorrow...in Italiano...Yikes! I'm just glad I don't have to learn Japanese or Russian or something like that. Porter and Hailey, don't forget to study! That Rosetta Stone works! So the rooms have 4 people to a room, right? Well we got one with 6! We're constantly joking about what we did to get stuck with a six bed room! But I think it has helped us grow closer really fast. I'm super scared to teach tomorrow, but I know that everything will be alright. I just need to have faith and listen to the promptings of the Spirit. (And study of course.) It really is a miracle how much language you learn in such a short amount of time. I've only been here 24 hours and I already know how to bear my testimony, say a prayer, teach the gospel, and somewhat understand my teacher. All of these things are in their simplest form of course. But still, that's pretty crazy.

So over all I'm doing quite well. I love you all and miss you. But I know that you are praying for me. I can feel the strength which comes from it. And I thank you for it. I am praying for you as well. I will email you on Wednesday. Have a good rest of the week.


Love Anziano Skyler Rigby




(Note from Ashley- He said dad called it, because the day before he entered the MTC we were looking online and stumbled upon the missionary blog of Elder Jones and learned he would be entering the MTC on the same day, and was also headed to the same mission. We joked with Skyler before he left that it was "a sign" and that Elder Jones was going to be his companion. What are the chances!)



No comments:

Post a Comment