The adventures of an LDS missionary serving in the

Italy Rome mission from June 2013- June 2015

Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day

Helloooo,


   Oh my goodness, Valentine's Day is here and gone!  haha crazy.  It sounds like you guys are pretty busy and it sounds like you are being blessed with rain!  haha thats good.  This week has been good!  It has been a little wierd and it has taken some getting used to, but I like it and I am really excited for this transfer.  We are going to get some good work done!  I really like what you said dad, "If you have time to kill, work it dead!"  Haha, I think that's gonna be my new motto. 

   Sorry I don't have a lot of time today. I feel really bad!

   This week I have really been trying to be more obedient. I am obedient, but not as much as I could be.  Anziano Burnham is a great example for me in that aspect and it is really cool.  As I am becoming better, I am seeing the blessings.  At the beginning of the mission, I knew I needed to be obedient, but I didn't have the DRIVE.  Now as I learn and grow I see the importance, and I WANT to be obedient.

 So for work, F_______  fell back again this week.  She fell through on her comittment to go down to 15 cigarettes and she hasn't come to church for 2 weeks now.  The frustrating part is the fact that she doesn't seem that repentant... I think she is getting used to not following through and she's okay with it. We want to do a lesson with her about procrastination and what happens when we don't repent.  You could say in the words of the prophets, we are "calling her to repentance." 

   Samuel has been sick this past week and so we haven't been able to meet with him. But we have been doing some good work.  We went through all the people on our contact sheet and called them.  We were able to get some appointments and it was good.  We have also been doing a lot of finding. Anziano Burnham has a good way of finding that really works for him.  He likes to stop them, kind of as if he is looking for directions.  For some reason I just can't do it that way.  I feel like I'm lying when I stop them like that.  Maybe part of my problem is that I imagine if I was on the other end.  I would be kind of mad if someone did that to me.  But that's okay.  I just need to find my niche and the way that works best for me.

   Well you guys are awesome.  I am so proud of each one of you and I think of you every day.  Keep up the good work and I'll talk to you next week. 

   Love always, Anziano Rigby

________________________________________________

Q & A:

How many wards in Palermo?  Are all the missionaries in the same ward or do you guys split up into different wards like the missionaries do here?   There are 2 wards, 8 missionaries for our ward and 4 for the other.  haha



How do you like Palermo compared to Rome?   I like it!   It is way cool.   Different, but cool :)



I need to write something for the Ward History that tells about your mission.  Any thoughts, experiences, or reflections about your mission that you would like to share?   Hmm, can I think about it and write you next week?  This work is important! 


From Hailey:   Have you ever walked on the beach?  Kind of, haha, but it was raining so it wasn't very fun.  We aren't really allowed to go to the beach when it is sunny... haha, too many bikini's.


From Hailey:   Is the ocean pretty?    Yes! it is amazing!  I like it a lot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment